Please read these conditions carefully as conditions may have changed since the last Expo.
- Items submitted for entry in the Expo must be solely the work of the entrant, must have been created within the last five (5) years, must not be a copy of any other work and must not have been exhibited previously in the Australian Cotton Fibre Expo.
- A maximum of three (3) pieces may be submitted in each section by any one exhibitor. No article may be entered in more than one section.
- The Title of the work is to be placed in the left hand corner on the back of the entry.
- All entries must contain at least 90% cotton. Fabric other than cotton may be used for trimmings, linings and ornamentation.
- The winning Acquisitive Award entry carrying prize money of $1,000 becomes the property of the Australian Cotton Fibre Expo.
- Proof of store purchase and/or swatch of fabric or yarn must be included with entry forms.
- A copy of the commercial pattern’s envelope or the illustration of the original design must be forwarded with the entry form. The Judges anticipate an original design or the imaginative use of a commercial pattern (using the commercial pattern as a base). Judges will give consideration to content of design, construction techniques, and attention to detail, finish, overall appeal and presentation.
- Prizes shall be awarded at the sole discretion of the panel of judges. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Every endeavour will be made to exhibit all entries but the Judges reserve the right to determine which entries will be exhibited and to relocate entries within the sections.
- Complete documentation by the due date is required for eligibility for exhibiting.
- Garments will be paraded at the discretion of the Committee. Include a description suitable for the parade commentary. (Three sentences maximum).
- There must be provision for hanging Wall hangings and quilts. Maximum measurement of each work must be no larger than 210 centimetres.
- Entries to be offered for sale or auction are to be marked or tagged with “FOR SALE” or “FOR AUCTION”. Name, title, section and price must also be attached. NB: There will be a charge of 30% commission for handling the sale of the item so ensure this charge is included in the price.
- The Committee reserves the right to use photos and videos of any work submitted for use on TV, the internet or in the press at any time now or in the future. Your signed entry form is evidence of your consent.
- The entrant will be responsible for all freight and insurance charges to and from the Expo. Entrants should give consideration to suitable packaging of their entries (especially for their return). Every possible care will be taken with all entries, but no liability will be accepted for the loss of, or damage to any work in the custody of the Committee, or for insurance or transport to and from the Expo.
- Return freight costs and/or arrangements must be enclosed with entry form. A return address label and packaging with entry is required.
- All entries will remain on display until 4pm on the last day of the Expo whether sold or not.
- Entry forms must be accompanied by a $25.00 entry fee for each item of work submitted ($15.00 for students)
Expo Entry Sections
Entry Form – October 2017 (PDF)